Hybrid Class: Summer Band Jumpstart for Beginners: Gr. 5
Youth / Music & Theatre -
Youth Summer 2020 New
- This is an awesome opportunity to meet and learn from your Edina Band Teachers and meet other students who play the same instrument!
- Everyone in the class is brand new to the instrument - just like you!
- You will be able to get a jumpstart on the basics of your instrument!
- You will learn how to care for, maintain, assemble, and disassemble your instrument!
- You will successfully produce your first sounds, learn beginning note reading, and begin your music-making journey!
- In these 8-45 minute sessions, you will learn as much as you can about your instrument in August! Students will learn and build upon their skills every day.
DON’T I RECEIVE 6 FREE LESSONS WITH MY MUSIC STORE INSTRUMENT RENTAL?
Yes, you do! But we suggest that you do BOTH! If you begin with Summer Band Jump Start, you will have 2 weeks of lessons, 4 days a week. Participation in the Jump Start will allow you to learn the basics.
After Summer Jump Start, we suggest you schedule your lessons so you will continue to grow from the individual attention of your private lesson teacher who will build upon the musical knowledge you have gained from Summer Jump Start.
Having finished Jump Start, you will already know the basics and be able to make more musical progress. Schedule your music store lessons for August and September so you will be more confident during band.
WHAT ABOUT MY INSTRUMENT?
- Rent or buy from a local music store! Our three music store partners (Eckroth, Groth, Schmitt) know about our summer program. Tell the music store to deliver your instrument to EHS for Summer Band Jump Start. Your instrument and supplies will be delivered to EHS and ready for you on the first day!
- Bring your own. If you get your instrument from a friend, family, or elsewhere you will need to bring it on the first day of Jump Start with all required supplies. Make sure your instrument has had a trip to the repair shop BEFORE the Summer Band Jump Start to make sure it is in good working order so you can be most successful! We want all students to have a great start on their instrument and it is extremely frustrating to have an instrument that isn’t working properly!
- PLEASE REMEMBER: DO NOT allow your student to assemble or play their instrument before the first lesson! Students who try instruments without proper instruction can develop bad habits and damage instruments from improper handling.
SHOULD I STILL SIGN-UP IF I NEED TO MISS A FEW DAYS?
YES! We will get you caught up. We know summer is a busy time and we want all students to have the opportunity to get started on their instruments over the summer!
If you have further question please contact one of the band teachers below:
Mr. Nicholas Ellison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Michael Moeller at email@example.com