In Person: Girls Strength & Speed Camp: Gr. 6-9
Youth / Sports, Health & Fitness -
Youth Summer 2021
This strength and speed program is designed for youth with minimal or no experience with performance training, but all fitness levels are welcome and will benefit! The goal of this program is to further enhance understanding regarding the basics of strength and speed training while establishing a foundation for present and future fitness and/or athletic competition. Please note that for any poor weather days (rain, very high heat index, etc.), camp will be held online via Zoom.
By the end of this program, athletes will LEARN:
- Proper biomechanical movements
- Proper breathing techniques
- Injury prevention concepts and exercises
- Basic plyometric concepts: landing and jumping, progressions
- Standard policies and procedures in the weight room
- The difference between sets and reps, volume-load and intensity, and more
- Proper nutrition and hydration required
- That you can have fun while being active!
By the end of this program, the athlete WILL:
- Be faster, stronger, biomechanically more sound and reactive
- Understand the why and how about long term fitness
- Have increased awareness of self and surroundings
- Have improved translation of training to sport
- Be less prone to injuries
- Have an improved mind-muscle connection
Mollie Martin, MSc, CSCS, is a Minnesota native who grew up playing hockey, rugby, and almost every other sport available. She attended UW-Milwaukee completing her undergraduate degree in psychology while playing rugby. While still competing at the elite level out in San Diego, Mollie worked at the American Council on Exercise and coached part-time for the San Diego men’s rugby team as their S&C coach. She then moved to Cardiff (UK) to complete her Masters in Strength and Conditioning including a full-time internship with the PRO-14 professional rugby team, the Newport Gwent Dragons. Today, Mollie works as the Head S&C Coach and Supervisor of the Edina High School Wellness Center and part-time as a World Rugby S&C Educator and Injury Prevention Specialist.