Walt Disney World Planning Tips & Tricks: Adult
Adult / Lifelong Learning -
Adult Winter/Spring 2023
Are you thinking about taking a trip to Florida’s Walt Disney World? It IS the most magical place on earth after all - but without some basic knowledge, Disney World can seem like an overwhelming destination experience.
Whether this is your first Walt Disney World vacation or if you simply need a refresher on the recent changes, this course is for you! Jonathan “Buck” Buckley, an Edina High School English teacher and coach, loves to help plan Disney vacations. In addition to teaching and coaching, Buck is a travel planner who specializes in Disney destinations for The Magic For Less Travel team which is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
There’s a lot to consider when planning a Walt Disney World vacation such as:
- Which resort is right for me? Should I stay on-property or off-property. What are the perks and benefits of staying at a Disney resort? What’s the difference between levels of accommodations such as Value, Moderate, Deluxe, and Villas?
- Magic Kingdom. Epcot. Hollywood Studios. Animal Kingdom. Which park should I go to or should I do them all?
- What is Early Theme Park Entry? Am I eligible for Extended Evening Theme Park Hours?
- What is Disney Genie? How do I get and use Disney Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lanes to reduce my time waiting in lines?
- What’s a virtual queue and how do I secure a boarding group?
- How do I get from the airport to my hotel and back?
- How does dining work? What’s the difference between Quick-Service & Table-Service dining? How do I use the MyDisneyExperience App to order and pay for food?
- And what about Characters? Where can I meet them?
- What’s a great parade spot and where’s the best place to watch the fireworks?
- Where do I even begin?!
With Buck’s help, we will discuss planning basics, advanced topics and some tips for what you need to have a successful trip to Walt Disney World. You will learn specific information so you can plan and book your entire trip to Walt Disney World on your own. Before you know it, you’ll be ready for your most magical vacation!
Jonathan “Buck” Buckley is an English teacher and track coach at Edina High School as well as a summer camp director. He is also a travel planner who specializes in Disney destinations for The Magic For Less Travel team which is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Buck has ALWAYS loved Disney and it shows in the many fun visits to Walt Disney World. Buck has successfully completed the Disney College of Knowledge, but it is his wealth of high-quality Disney visits—more than 50 trips over 40 years—that allows him to use his experience and perspective to help guests have the best vacation possible. This includes providing the inside scoop on all things Disney, sharing tips like when and where to go while in the parks, and providing strategies that will save time and money for all guest types during your visit.
Buck loves to share Disney with others—extended family, friends, coworkers and others have also enjoyed Buck’s expert advice and guidance. Disney offers SO MUCH to do that everyone can have a wonderful vacation experience and Buck wants to help make sure that happens!
Has already ended